Terms and Conditions
Blinds City STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Blinds City Pty Ltd ACN 610 162 733 referred to herein as ‘Blinds City’, ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’
2. Blinds City sells products based on the terms and conditions set out herein.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions, limit any rights you may have under the Trade Practices Act, Fair Trading Act, any other Commonwealth or State Legislation. Any terms or conditions that create an inconsistency with aforesaid legislation are considered void to the extent of the inconsistency.
4. Blinds City sells products that are brand new or custom made and will not sell a product owned by a party other than Blinds City unless otherwise stated.
5. Prices displayed are GST-inclusive basis from Blinds City Pty Ltd
6. This agreement applies to all customers (whom make a purchase) via the Blinds City web site, or any web site that has our products and refers to these terms and conditions, or any other avenue that Blinds City uses for retail purposes provided the other avenue refers to these terms and conditions.
7. Blinds City is no longer liable for any of its products that have been on-sold by a customer to a third party.
8. The content of the pages of this web site is for general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
9. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this web site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
12. This web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
13. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the web site.
14. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
15. From time to time this web site may also include links to other web sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the web site(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked web site(s).
16. You may not create a link to this webs site from another web site or document without our prior written consent.
17. Your use of this web site and any dispute arising out of such use of the web site is subject to the laws of Australia.
18. Some products may be manufactured from overseas suppliers. Blindscity.com.au acts as agent in Australia and provides Australian local warranty and guarantees.
19. Any terms and conditions, terms of warranty provided with any product, term of guarantees or any other term provided in an agreement made by Blinds City with its customers that are inconsistent with Victorian state legislation or Commonwealth legislation shall be deemed void to the extent of the extent of inconsistency.
20. Payment will only be deemed a valid payment for purchase made via the following methods:
b. Bank Transfer
c. Any other payment method authorised by Blinds City.
Transfer of title and risk
21. Blinds City reserves title in all products sold to purchasers until full payment has been received for those goods, regardless of whether Blinds City has parted with possession. Title in goods passes when Blinds City has a received a full payment;
a. If payment is made by direct deposit, received payment means cleared in any of the Bank accounts specified in our terms of payment options.
b. If payment is made by credit card, it means an ‘approved’ transaction.
Risk in goods passes at the point they are dispatched for delivery, regardless of whether Blinds City retains possession during delivery.
If you ever have a complaint, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your complaint and we will do all that is reasonably and practicably possible to assess the merits of the complaint and respond to such complaints within a reasonable time and manner.
22. Please note that whilst every effort is made to ensure blinds match swatches, dye batches from our manufacturers may vary slightly from time to time. We cannot guarantee an exact match even on our samples. We will not make any refunds based on close colour difference. It is also the customer’s responsibility to verify that the colour reference given on the quote is the one chosen before sending any approval.
23. (a) Order cannot be changed or cancelled if the goods are custom-made or have been altered in any way as these goods will not be resalable. Due to the speed of the process of our manufacturing it can not be cancelled. In case the order was carried out only with a deposit, we reserve the right to claim the remaining balance even if delivery is not taken. Uncollected goods will be disposed of after 3 months, forfeiting any deposit made.
23. (b) A $250 non-refundable call out installer fee applies where the installer has attended the property as arranged, but the decision is made by the purchaser not to proceed with the installation.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to place an order with us. We do not knowingly accept orders from anyone under 18.
By placing an order with us through this web site you acknowledge that you are over eighteen (18) years of age.
Should we suffer any loss or damage as a result of a transaction entered into by a person under the age of 18, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such loss or damage from the parents or guardians of the person who placed the order(s) with us.
To qualify to return an item under our Returns Policy, products must be in their original packaging, along with all included accessories.
Blinds City & Specialty Brand Products:
At Blinds City, we stand behind our product! That’s why we offer a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee on the following products: Ready Made Products and not custom made.
Promotions and Discount Codes
The discount code applies for new customers only. Code cannot be used in conjunction with other offer and does not apply for sale collection, delivery charges or on plantation shutter range. Limit one code usage per customer. Code is not redeemable or transferable for cash or credit. Online orders subject to product availability.
Flyer coupons do not apply to Overseas Plantation Shutters. Does apply to all blinds and Australian Made plantation shutters.
Free Delivery on all Blinds excluding Plantation shutters.
Subject to the terms and exclusions below, Blinds City Pty Ltd ACN 29 610 162 733 warrants that the following products supplied by Blinds City (Goods) will be free from all defects due to faulty design, materials. It is important that you read this document carefully and in its entirety in order to understand when the Warranty does and does not apply, and how to make a Warranty claim.
2.1 The Warranty applies to the following Goods:
(a) Roller Blinds (also known as Holland Blinds);
(b) Vertical Blinds;
(c) Venetian Blinds;
(d) Roman Blinds;
(e) Panel Glide Blinds;
(f) Motorised Blinds;
(g) Awning Blinds;
(h) Twin Blinds (one year Warranty on Twin Blinds);
2.2 The Warranty will cover:
(a) subject to paragraph 2.2(b), for five years (unless a shorter warranty period is specified), replacement of defective materials and parts;
(b) for one year, replacement of defective materials and parts on Goods manufactured overseas;
(c) for one year, labour to:
(i) replace or repair defective material and parts;
(ii) resolve puckering of material where material is under 2 metres in width; and
(iii) rectify manufacturing faults.
2.3 The Warranty will NOT cover:
(a) holes or runs in, or fraying of, the material which occurs more than three months after installation;
(b) broken chains, cords or mechanisms which occurs more than three months after installation;
(c) blinds that shrink or expand due to weather conditions;
(d) puckering of material where material is over 2 metres in width;
(e) blinds under 600mm in width; or
(f) blinds installed into plaster or other non-standard structures. Non-standard refers to any structures other than timber or aluminium frames and/or timber architraves.
- Plantation shutters
3.1 The Warranty applies to the following Goods:
(a) Fauxwood (PVC) Plantation Shutters;
(b) Basswood (timber) Plantation Shutters; and
(c) Aluminium Plantation Shutters.
3.2 The Warranty will cover:
(a) for five years, fading or peeling which has occurred consistently across the inside and outside of panels and the framing;
(b) for one year, defects in parts and mechanisms (including screws, hinges and control bars) and labour; and
(c) if noticed on or within seven days of installation, broken blades, cracks in frames or panels, paint or dint blemishes.
Blinds & Plantation Shutters are not to be exposed to water as it will damage the blinds, Our warranty does not cover any damages caused from other sources to the blinds.
3.3 The Warranty will NOT cover:
(a) inconsistent fading or peeling (for example, only on the outside of the shutters);
(b) imperfections that are not visible to the naked eye from a distance of 1.5 metres;
(c) broken blades, cracks in frames or panels, paint or dint blemishes noticed or occurring more than seven days after installation; or
(d) shutters that come away from the wall due to installation with architraves.
If we have replaced your Basswood (timber) Plantation Shutters due to fading or discolouration of the stain, the Warranty will not cover the replacement shutters if you select the same or a different stain colour. The Warranty will only cover the replacement shutters if you choose a white or painted colour in Basswood (timber), or Fauxwood (PVC) Plantation Shutters as a replacement.
Blinds & Plantation Shutters are not to be exposed to water as it will damage the blinds, Our warranty does not cover any damages caused from other sources to the blinds.
- General Exclusions
Despite anything in this document, and in addition to the product-specific exclusions, the Warranty does not apply to the following:
(c) normal wear and tear of the Goods;
(d) failure to follow any procedures specified or recommended by Blinds City;
(e) any act or circumstance beyond Blinds City’ control, including tampering, unauthorised repairs or modifications, misuse, abuse, accident or damage caused by animals or natural events;
(f) labour costs after 12 months following installation;
(g) for online orders or where the client provides measurements and handles installation:
(i) failure by the client to properly measure windows or doors, or supply of incorrect measurements by the client; or
(ii) failure by the client to properly install any self-installed Goods; or
(h) consequential loss, whether direct, indirect or economic and whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise.
- To make a Warranty Claim
5.1 Making a Warranty Claim
To make a Warranty claim, a client must, within 14 days of discovering a defect in the Goods:
(a) advise Blinds City of the details of the defect; and
(b) provide to Into Blinds details of the purchase of the Goods and proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Into Blinds.
5.2 Service Fee
(a) Blinds City will charge a $110.00 service fee (Service Fee) to attend a client’s premises to inspect Goods that are the subject of a Warranty claim.
(b) The Service Fee will be refunded if:
(i) the alleged defect is covered under this Warranty and the Warranty claim is made within 12 months of installation; or
(ii) a consumer guarantee applies under the Australian Consumer Law (see clause 9).
(c) If the alleged defect is not covered under this Warranty or by a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law, or a Warranty claim is made later than 12 months after installation, the service fee will not be refunded and the client will also be required to pay the cost of labour and parts.
5.3 Repair or replacement
If the Warranty or a consumer guarantee applies, Blinds City will arrange with the client for the rectification of the alleged defect to be carried out, or (at Blinds City’ option) for new Goods to be installed. Blinds City will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the client in notifying Blinds City of the defect in the Goods.
5.4 No extension to Warranty period
Repairs carried out or replacements provided under this Warranty do not extend the relevant warranty period, and do not initiate a new warranty period. The warranty period for any replacement parts or new Goods installed will end together with the initial Warranty.
- Things you should know
(a) There will be gaps between the edge of your Blinds and your architraves, if your blinds are mounted on the inside on the window frame, meet in the corner, or butt together.
(b) Your windows may not be perfectly square and your Blinds may not always sit straight or perfectly flat if this is the case.
(c) If you roll your Blinds up and down gently, this will help for the long term life of your Blinds.
(d) Blinds City does not advise clients to install Roman Blinds on doors due to the fact that the height will take up the percentage of the doors and there is a chance you may brush your head against the bottom panel. We strongly advise the installation of Roller Blinds on doors as an alternative.
(e) Venetian Blinds are not designed to be lifted up and down on a regular basis. To get the most life out of your Venetian Blinds, we therefore advise to open Venetian Blinds by tilting the slats horizontally rather than lifting the blinds completely.
(f) It is required by law to have child safety locks installed with your blinds. All of Into Blinds’ installations are installed with child safety locks.
(g) Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Into Blinds’ responsibility under this Warranty will not exceed the purchase price of the Goods or their replacement.
(h) The benefits given by this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the Warranty relates.
- Australian Consumer Law
(a) The Goods and their installation come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Any exclusions in this Warranty are subject to the Australian Consumer Law, and this Warranty does not override or alter your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. The client is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The client is also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
(b) Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Blinds City will provide, at Blinds City’ option, a repair, replacement or refund for the Goods. If the Goods are, or a component of the Goods is, no longer available and the Goods cannot be repaired, Blinds City will, in its absolute discretion, replace the Goods with a substitute item
Updated according latest GDPR updates 2018.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. – “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
DATA RETENTION When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
MINORS The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 5.
CONTACT US For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
PO BOX 385, Epping, Vic 3076